Monday, January 20, 2014

Girls weekend away December 18-19

We bought a groupon for a weekend stay at a hotel near our home. It is in the National Forest and has great outdoor activities. Well, the weather didn't cooperate with us and there was no snow so I took one girl each night and we did whatever they wanted to do. Ella's night we went to Helsinki and to the St. Tomas Christmas Market and to see Stockmann's windows. It was really busy in Helsinki that day and I am afraid that all Ella remembers is being bumped and pushed around. Definate country girl. She couldn't wait to get out. 

Here Ella is standing at the beginning of Alexanterinkatu a main street in Helsinki. 

Stockmann's Christmas Window


St. Tomas Christmas Market. 

Ella happy to be back at our quiet hotel in the woods 

Even happier at breakfast! :)
 On Sofia's day she had heard how busy Helsinki was so she decided she wanted nothing to do with it! So we went to a shopping center close by and did a bit of Christmas shopping and grabbed some treats for the hotel room. We spent the day sitting in the room playing games and watching TV.

She also loved the breakfast! 

In the morning we decided to play frisbee golf. We had started to play the day before with Ella but Ella's frisbee fell into a creek and then Ella fell into the creek. So no frisbee golf that morning. Sofia and I decided to give it a try after breakfast before checking out. We had a blast and she is such a sweet girl! I am one lucky mom and I treasure these moments that I have with each of my girls! They are growing up way to fast! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home