On Saturday Sofia had a game in Sippo. It is about an hour away from us. The ice rink was in the middle of nowhere and right next to the ice rink was this beautiful old church in the middle of fields! Beautiful!
Sofia's team is really good this year, they have come a long way from last year!! It is so much fun to watch her play. She has a smile on her face all the time!
Ella is on a different team again this year, so she is a cheerleader when her sister is playing!
They WON! 10-5!
Another big event this week was on Tuesday Sofia had to go to the dentist. Well, she actually made the appointment for herself two weeks ago! She had a loose baby tooth that wasn't coming out and the adult tooth was coming alongside of the baby tooth. It was bothering her so she went and made an appointment at the dentist. In Finland, the school has a dentist and doctor at the school. So any child can see the dentist or doctor when they need. Once per year they have a check up, but anytime they have a problem they can pop down and make an appointment. I LOVE that! I met her at school and we went to the dentist together. I was sure they were going to pull the baby tooth and I wanted to be there for her. The dentist was super nice and spoke English, but most of the appointment was in Finnish and I understood 75% of it and even spoke in Finnish. :) I think I surprised myself and Sofia! Sofia left the appointment saying 'Good Job Mom!' But, back to the dentist. They did indeed pull Sofia's baby tooth. She was a brave girl and squeezed my hand tight while they yanked it out! She had a mouth full of gauze and announced she was ready to go back to class!
The sad part of the appointment was.....that was her LAST baby tooth. She has no more baby teeth. :(
So the tooth fairy came and left 10 euros! It is the last tooth and it had to be PULLED so it was worth something!
Ella is doing good too. She is home sick today. A fever, sore throat, stuffy nose. She is so funny when she is sick though. She bounces around the house and stops to blow her nose. Lays down once and a while and then pops right back up! I have her cleaning her room now! :)
Chicken soup for dinner!










1 Comments:
Congrats Sofia on the win, the tooth, and the 10 euros!
Tell Ella to get better soon!
Miss you and my girlies and Pete! How is school going for the girls?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home