Thursday, November 27, 2008

Helsingin Ylipisto

I have been running out of ideas for the blog, so I decided to take some pictures of what I see everyday! These pictures were taken today on my way to the Univeristy of Helisnki (Helsingin Yliopisto). Today I took my final for Finnish 1! I like this picture and I showed it to P and he said "why did you take a picture of a fire alarm sign" Well, silly I didn't know that is what the other big sign said! I didn't even realize it was there. I tend to do that here.... if I don't know what it says I ignore it!

This picture is of the senate square on my way to school. It is hard to see because it is so dark. My class starts at 12:30 and you can see how dark it is! It was a grey day so sometimes it is brighter than this, but this is a typical day in December! If you look down the street from my class you see the harbor. You can see the big blue and white boat. That is the Silja Line. It goes between Stockholm and Helsinki. It is the boat that I have taken all 4 times I have made the trip! It is fun!

Here is the church next to the senate square. I am sure there is a name and some history, I am just not sure what it is! It is a beautiful church, it is hard to see with the snow but there are steps going up to the church. It is a popular place for students and business people to have lunch on a nice summer day!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home