Sunday, October 07, 2007

Asthma update

This week we had an checkup for EK's asthma. We had to change hospitals because of the area we live in, so it was with new doctors. EK did great and they agree to keep her on this medicine for a few years. It has been wonderful for her. She no longer coughs and has to take a break when playing and running. They did lower her dose to once per day instead of twice. But EK is doing great and she feels really good! I called EK's peditrician in the US to see if they have this medicine so we can keep her on it when we move back, and they do. When we first moved here I was so afraid of the medical system here because it is different. But after EK being treated and me being treated for my TMJ I have come to realize that the medical system here is really great. EK's doctor in the US will have some tough questions from us about why she was never given this medicine,even after more chest x-rays and labs than you can count. I will be forever grateful that we moved to Finland just for this medicine given to my baby.
Just a cute pic of EK blowing bubbles on the balcony.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home