Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mommy's Turn

Well I made it almost one year without having to go to the hospital for myself. Pretty good for me. My TMJ has been acting up so much on Tuesday it dislocated 4 times before popping back into place. Since then I have been eating soft foods and trying not to talk while taking ibuprofen like candy. It was getting much better, until last night I decided to eat dinner with everyone else. We had friends over for dinner and I ate sausage and noodles. Not too chewy, but it did major damage. I was trying to get the pain under control for over 4 hours. Finally at 2am, I couldnt take it anymore. We woke the girls and headed to the ER. After the horrible experiences I have had with hospitals in Finalnd when EK broke her arm, and her asthma testing I was so nervous to go. After an hour of waiting they got me in and 2 shots in my rear later I was feeling MUCH better! They wanted to take x-rays and observe me so they asked P to take the girls home. Again I was very nervous because of the language barrier. But EK was crying and they were both exhausted. So took the girls home. Everyone that I came in contact with spoke wonderful English and was very kind and patient with me. It was a completely different experience that I had with EK. I was so pleased and thankful to all of the nurses and doctors that helped me. I was finally released with more drugs at 7am and they called me a cab so the girls could sleep and even the cab drive spoke perfect English and was so nice to me.
Well I am pretty doped up on drugs and will be for a few days to get the swelling and pain under control. But I am going to be fine, and even better than that my faith in the Finnish medical system is much stronger after this experience. Thank god for good drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home